Product Overview: The Quantum V Segmental is the latest Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) medical device from the industry originator RJL Systems. The Quantum V Segmental has been enhanced with the ability to perform segmental body composition assessment on 13 zones of the human body. This Class II medical device provides fast and accurate segmental body composition assessments of fat and lean soft tissue (LST).
The Quantum V Segmental uses an eight-lead, 12-channel multiplexer to quickly measure resistance and reactance values from each arm, each leg and the right and left torso, including the upper and lower regions of the human body. The repeatability and accuracy of the resistance and reactance measurements allow the smallest changes to be recorded with 0.1 ohms of resolution.
- Segmental body composition assessment on 13 zones of the human body, as well as whole body composition assessment
- A key differentiator and patented feature of the Quantum V Segmental is the sum of the LST, or fat mass, is equal to the whole body LST, or fat assessment. Only the Quantum V Segmental is capable of providing the sum of the parts equal to the whole (whole body)
- Built in firmware automatically handles selecting eight leads (electrodes), scanning multiple zones and calibrating each zone, making it extremely simple to operate
- The device provides fast results, within 15 seconds, which are similar to the more complex and expensive DEXA machines
- Quantitative and measurable results are easy to read and share, allowing health professionals to chart patient’s health goals and progress
- The unit’s built in memory can store more than 2,000 records, which can be downloaded to a computer using built-in Bluetooth or USB port, standard on the Quantum V Segmental
- Bright OLED display is easy to read
- Battery provides an operating time of more than 9 hours on a single charge
For a complete list of everything that comes as part of the Quantum-V Segmental system: What’s in the box?