- If height is entered as feet and inches (eg: 5 feet 9 inches) instead of inches-only (eg: 69 inches):
- Display the corresponding inches-only height on the subject input form for informative purposes.
- In the entered data section on the first page of the printed/PDF report, include the height as both feet + inches and inches-only.
- When creating the history table for display on the screen and for inclusion in the report, any data entered into “Extra Fields” (eg: blood pressure, circumference measurements) is automatically included.
- Multiple issues with communication between BC and older analyzers (Quantum-III and Quantum Desktop) have been fixed.
- The ID Window has been rearranged to make it more clear that you have to mark the checkbox to include a birth date before you can enter the birth date.
- The Test Entry screen has been updated to show what equation settings will be used to calculate the results. In older releases, you had to either open the Equation Settings dialog in order to verify the settings.
- When displaying several charts and graphs on the screen, some of the labels were being cut-off. This was not a problem in the generated reports — only on-screen.
- Minor adjustments to layout and code cleanup.
- The licensing code has been updated with a new version of the license manager. This should address the following issues:
- Some users were reporting difficulties getting their license to activate, for no apparent reason. In most cases, using an external license activation tool fixed the problem. This issue has been resolved.
- If the license was activated online, the program will need to periodically re-verify the license with the server. If it tries to re-verify and cannot contact the server because there is no internet connection, it enters a grace-period where the program will continue to run as normal, despite not being able to verify the license. If this happens, a message will be displayed on program startup giving the user the ability to retry communicating with the server and displaying how many days are left in the grace period.
- If an offline license activation is performed, the old version of the license manager would occasionally convert the activation to an online activation, which required periodic communication with the license server. Using the new version of the manager, offline activations will never be promoted to online activations.
- If the software is unlicensed (or the verification grace period has expired) and the free trial period has been exhausted, instead of completely locking the user out of the program, it will now run in read-only mode. This mode prevents the user from entering any new test data or making changes to existing data, but still allows the user to view test histories and generate reports.
- The program is now High-DPI aware. On computers with very high pixel density (eg: laptops with 4K UHD screens, Apple computers with Retina displays) the program windows could be very small and hard to read as a result. This new feature allows the computer’s operating system to automatically enlarge all of the program’s windows, making them easier to work with.
- The Database Import function has been expanded to make merging databases easier
- The “Comments History” section of the reports was not being printed even if it was selected in the Report Options screen. This has been fixed.
- Importing and exporting data is now considerably faster.
- Updated the communications subsystem to add support for devices built on the Quantum-V platform and eliminate potential problems caused by timing issues.
- Various “Look and Feel” enhancements – corrected typos, notification messages made clearer, etc.
- Calculate BMC using a new formula for increased accuracy over BC 4.0. Using the old formula is still an option, but the new one is preferred.
- BC 4 now reports Skeletal Muscle Mass, Lean Soft Tissue, Bone Mineral Content, Fat Mass Index, and Fat-Free Mass Index.
- New updated look and feel
- On-screen report preview
- On-screen tabular history
- The meal plan and the food group descriptions can be added to the report independently of each-other.
- BC 4 introduces the RJL Systems equation set, which uses equations developed by RJL as a result of a study which concluded in 2014.